Link to Portfolio

Monday, November 26, 2012

The City Is Taking Shape

We have now reached the halfway point of this project, and I have made great strides on my project. I have constructed a complete terrain for my landscape to reside in, and have finished all the roads and city blocks. I still want to add some trees and bushes to give the terrain some life, but that will happen a little bit later down the road (no pun intended).

 





I am also about halfway done with the buildings! I still have a lot of the smaller buildings and residential areas to complete (as well as older buildings, abandoned ones, etc.) , but that will all happen this week. After all this modeling is completed, the material and texturing stage comes next!





It's going to be a sprint to the finish, and honestly I don't know how it will turn out. No matter what happens though, I was able to learn a lot about managing a massive scene with tons of data! Here's hoping the result will reflect the work I put into it.

1 comment: