My project brief will be short and sweet. Basically, I want to do a project that encompasses all realms of the cinematic arts. Photo, 2D, 3D, VFX, cinematic studies; everything! My idea is to have a character, object, or whatever be doing something interesting (vague enough huh?). But during this video, the character/object will transform from 3D, to 2D, to pictures of characters/objects, to a cinematic video of him/it, and then to a VFX shot (not in that order) where he will take off with a jet pack. Who knows. The sky is the limit! Here is some inspiration I found and would love to incorporate these ideas. I want this project to be a big collaboration as well. So everyone's artistic talent will be put to use in every aspect of the creation project!
Since I want this to be a big collaborative project, I am not going to appoint myself as Director, and I am not nominating anyone for Art Director or Head of Editorial. I want this project to be something that touches everybody! I want to see people who are truly inspired to step up and show what they are made of.
Enjoy!
Awesome!! I love when animations blend media. The transitions would be a challenge, maybe if you have someone go back and do a continuity check at the end? This would be really cool! :)
ReplyDeleteSo you want to make a movie?
ReplyDeleteAs per the attendance for Tuesday, here are my two posts on other people's blogs:
ReplyDeleteHere, and
Here
Thanks! Yea I completely agree about the transitions. They are going to be the thing that either makes or breaks the movie. They will have to be concepted a lot before actual production begins, so the concepting team needs to be creative and very, very detailed! I think it could be really fun.
ReplyDeleteIndeed I am :)
ReplyDeleteI think the idea could really work well. The blending of different mediums is intriguing although the initial concept is a little vague, do you have a story in mind or anything? Or is that something the crew would help come up with?
ReplyDeleteAwesome Idea! There are obviously some technical issues we would have to figure out( As Emma said, transitions being one), but the blending of medias is awesome. Also with a whole crew, I think we would have no problem figuring this out!
ReplyDeleteTo be honest I really had no inspiration for the story, and I really want to see what would happen when you bring in so many different people with different ideas and combine them all. Since it is all a collage of different mediums, maybe it can be a collage of different story elements as well!
ReplyDeleteI think this is a great idea! Blending media's would be a good way to ensure that everyone has an active, productive role in the project.This idea relates to what I also want to do.
ReplyDelete