This is the second installment in my menagerie project. For this week, I will be delving a little more into the concept as a whole, got a few different artists that help me solidify my idea, and also begin to look at some colors. So, let's begin!
For my idea about animals, and the different ways that they can be represented, I looked at two different styles by two different people. The first, I look at a more of a cartoon representation of an animal, like in this image below:
(Click image to go to website)
The second representation I am looking at is a very realistic view of an animal. This is CG, but it was design to not look anything like CG. This is difficult to do, but the results are superb!
(Click to go to artist's website)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For my second concept, I decided to go in a direction that more about objects than creatures. Seemingly inconspicuous objects that are entirely CG. Sometimes they are obvious that they are fake, other times you can tell which are which. In this first example, it is very hard to tell which flashlight is the CG element and which is the tangible flashlight. The one on the right is the CG flashlight by the way.
(Don't believe me? Click the image to find out for sure)
The next example isn't a perfect one, but it is another idea I am toying with. Basically it is the complete opposite of the previous image. This type of integration is very, rough, I guess you would say. It is obvious that they are inserting computer graphics into live action film. They aren't trying to hide it.These objects (and characters) are there, and there for a purpose.
These are the colors and the inspiration that I wish to expound on a little bit further before diving really deep into the project. I am wanting to do something along these lines as this is what I wish to do for a career. Inserting CG elements into live action, whether it be animals or objects, subtly or obviously, is something I want to work at and become comfortable with. I believe that doing this project in depth, such as this, will help me with that.
More Inspiration!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No comments:
Post a Comment