The movie project has finally been completed and we are quickly moving into the next project! This project is whatever we want it to be! So, I am going to be ambitious and do a massive 3D scene of an entire city. This will be a very detailed scene complete with cars, people, light posts, everything. I have never tackled something this big, and thought it was about time to do so!
I am going to try and make it as realistic as possible, and as massive as possible in these short 5 weeks. Here are some images that I am going to use to keep my city as real as possible. I am not going to make an existing city, but make an entirely new one with buildings that are not actually in existence.
source website
source website
source website
source website
source website
Schedule
For the schedule, this is about how things will look. It will be a fluid process (since I have never done something in 3d to this scale before), so these dates are not set in stone, but I want to try to stick to these dates as best I can.
November 27th: City Design and Layout Completed
December 6th: Texturing and Materials Finished
December 13th: Rendering and Final Compositing
I like this idea. I think it's a great technical exercise. I'm impressed by the scope of the project. I wonder if you'll have time to actually finish an entire city? Something I would suggest is to do a somewhat futuristic city so you can try to incorporate more shapes into the buildings, something more organic and challenging to model. I believe it would add a lot to the final image as well.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if you consider creating concept buildings. Buildings that are abstract and unique in appearance, but they have a function for their appearance. For example the Chicago Spire, which is only in concept stage, has divets that twist up and around the building to channel winds so that the building isn't blown over.
ReplyDelete