Link to Portfolio

Friday, September 7, 2012

Menagerie Conception

For this week's homework in Design For Media, I am to start concepting a project. I chose to do a menagerie, which is a collection of objects or figures that are related by thee, color, and design. Honestly, after choosing this, I am having a very hard time figuring out a direction in which to take this. I am leaning towards maybe doing something with animals that are in a cartoon/animated style, but I am just having trouble finding some inspiration. I found an artist named Ivan Camilli (His Blog) and found an image in which I would like to explore:



I also found an image of an animal on Mark Christiansen's website (His Blog). I kind of want to combine these two styles into something new.



One way I might incorporate this into my field of choice is to make these CG objects and infuse them into a real-life image. That is one thing I have dabbled in but never fully accomplished.

The other way I am approaching this is to take use objects, instead of animals. Random objects that still have things in common. One1more2time3 has some good examples of what I am trying to accomplish on his blog.



With that being said, here are some preliminary sketches of the type of things I want to focus on in this project:

2 comments:

  1. Hey great start, Jacobsen. Can't wait to see what you'll have next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! I got an update for the project that you can check out here!

    ReplyDelete